Bookings Now Being Taken for 2018 / 2019
I started growing plants from the age of 5, created my first garden aged 10 and of now have won national awards for the design and build of 17th and 18th Century estates. I have also built and designed show gardens for both display and at national competition. And whether I am creating gardens privately, advising, teaching or talking about a particular horticultural subject; horticulture and gardening has been my entire life and I am at my happiest when I and the great outdoors are together. I started Donegan Landscaping Dublin in 2001, aged 24.
Peter Donegan is a member of The Garden Media Guild.
The Sodshow, also:
- shortlisted, Best Radio Broadcast Garden Media Guild awards 2017 – finalist episode: Mark Gregory
- Best 6 Podcasts, Gardens Illustrated Feb 2018
- Lan8 Landscape Architecture: 10 Brilliant Podcasts 2018
- Gardenista Best Podcasts 2017
I am a former garden columnist and writer with The Farmers Journal and Self Build Ireland magazine and have also written freelance. I have given gardening demonstrations on national tv and featured on television in Australia, America and Ireland with gardens I have made under my own name and as part of televison shows.
I have spoken at everything from music festivals and one-off public gardening demonstrations, to private gardening classes and also given talks to Gardening / Horticultural societies and professional associations.
The Sodshow Live Show:
- Live from Salt Lake City, Utah 2017
– 9 episodes Live over 2 nights and aired later as Sodshow episodes; the other 8 days were for tv, radio and press appearances
– suggested episode: Zenaida Sengo
- Live from Dublin Castle 2017 – MC and host
– 4 episodes Live over 1 day
- The first Live Show from Dublin Castle in 2016
– suggested episode: Ron Finley
- And also:
Peter Donegan – Garden Talks
What They Say:
Dublin-based garden designer Peter Donegan has attracted a raft of big names to appear on his interview-based podcast over the years; fellow designers, head gardeners, nurserymen and women. I am not sure if it is his beguiling Irish accent, his uncanny ability to put guests at ease or the fact that he’s part of the industry himself, but Donegan always manages to draw the best out of his guests, delving into the origins of their plant obsessions and finding out what makes them tick. A live show in Salt Lake City’s Thyme and Place earlier this year further cemented The SodShow’s credentials, making it a must-listen if you are interested in personalities as well as plants.
Gardenista Best Podcasts 2017