On This Weeks Garden Podcast:
Peter Donegan chats with Ann Torrence and Robert Marc of Stray Arrow Ranch, Live from Salt Lake City Utah.
Live from Salt Lake City Utah, brought to you by Thyme and Place, this is the first show from the first night of The Sodshow Live. Peter Donegan was there for a little over one week were 6 guests in total, over 2 nights either side of St Patricks Day 2017 were interviewed in front of a live audience.
- That story is most probably better told by The Salt Lake Tribune.
Stray Arrow Ranch is a 6 acre farm that grows 500 apple trees and has become Utahs first Orchard based cider making operation. The wonderful people behind this are Robert Marc and Ann Torrence.
Very much more to the reason why I admire them more, neither Ann nor Robert hold any formal horticultural training. Ann is in fact a former travelling photographer and author; and Robert a university scientist.
Of interest to you based in the UK and Ireland side of the globe, Stray Arrow Ranch gets about 12 inches of water per annum and because of the rights to water – they are allowed 12 hours of water per approximate 10 days – making, horticulture in mind, the growing of plants just that little more challenging.
We get into this, grafting of trees, Ann’s book, how Robert and Ann actually met and just how they managed to settle in Utah and why they left their jobs to set up what is now Stray Arrow Ranch.
- web: Stray Arrow Ranch
- twitter: @StrayArrowRanch
- facebook: StrayArrowCiderApples
- More images: The Sodshow Live, Salt Lake City
The Sodshow Live Show Team:
- Event Organiser: Melinda Meservy
- Brought to you by: Thyme and Place
- Location: The Mandate Press, Salt Lake City
The Sodshow Live Team:
- The Sodshow Live Host: Peter Donegan
- Photography: Nick Sokoloff
- Sound: Greg and Clay, Pale Horse Sound Studios
- MC: Chris Hollifield
- You: Thanks you – you were as you are so very beautiful.
In House Live Bands:
- Rusted Reel – night 1
- Homo Leviticus – night 2
Thyme and Place, The Sodshow Live Sponsors: