On This Weeks Garden Podcast:
March 2017 saw Dublin based Landscape Garden maker and Designer Peter Donegan travel to Salt Lake City, Utah for a myriad of reasons; one of them was to do The Sodshow Garden Podcast, The Live Show.
Fair to suggest Donegan did a little more than that.
Over his nine days there either side of St Patrick’s Day, the Dublin based horticulturist made his US TV debut on ABC4 Utah, the front page of The Salt Lake Tribune, hosted two live shows over 2 nights, marched in their St Patrick’s Day Parade, gave 2 master garden classes, 3 radio interviews, 1 planting ceremony in his honour…. was the guest of honour and then presented a bowl of (real) shamrock to The President of The Hibernian Society of Utah at their annual luncheon- their first time in their history to have it and post a dinner sitting next to Mary Robinson and the Irish Consulate Philip Grant; where all 3 including Peter gave a speech; presented a piece of Blarney Stone to the society.
The reason (?) he traveled for 9 days either side of St Patrick’s Day was entirely down to Melinda Meservy, owner of a boutique garden store called Thyme and Place.
How did it all happen and what actually happened whilst Peter Donegan was there ?
This is just some of the audio, edited down and collated from the before during and after that tells that story.
Live from Salt Lake City Utah, brought to you by Thyme and Place. Peter Donegan was there for a little over one week were 6 guests in total, over 2 nights either side of St Patricks Day 2017 were interviewed in front of a live audience.
- That story is most probably better told by The Salt Lake Tribune.
- And in images by Donegan Landscaping
A post shared by Thyme and Place SLC (@thymeandplaceslc) on
Audio with thanks much thanks and full version available at:
- The Sodshow:
– interview – Melinda Meservy, Thyme and Place
- Radioactive KRCL 90.9 – (radio station)
– with very (very) many thanks to hosts Lara Jones and Aldine
– Radioactive March 10, 2017 – phone in from Dublin. feat Marybeth Janerich
– Radioactive March 17, 2017 – live in studio
- ABC4 Utah (tv station)
– with Emily Clark, Melinda Meservy and Peter Donegan
- I Am Salt Lake (podcast)
– with much thanks Chris Hollifield and Krissy Shelly (and bump)
– ep 269. Chef Brandon Price, Culinary Director at Even Stevens
- From The Sodshow Live Sessions by Thyme and Place – all 6 sessions
The Sodshow Live Show Team:
- Event Organiser: Melinda Meservy
- Brought to you by: Thyme and Place
- Location: The Mandate Press, Salt Lake City
The Sodshow Live Team:
- The Sodshow Live Host: Peter Donegan
- Photography: Nick Sokoloff
- Sound: Greg and Clay, Pale Horse Sound Studios
- MC: Chris Hollifield
- You: Thanks you – you were as you are so very beautiful.
In House Live Bands:
- Rusted Reel – night 1
- Homo Leviticus – night 2
Thyme and Place, The Sodshow Live Sponsors: