Thyme and Place Presents: A Week With The Sodshow, Live!
Thyme and Place invites you to join us in celebrating spring and all things Irish the week of St. Patrick’s Day! We are fortunate to have Peter Donegan, the host of The Sodshow, visiting us for a week of incredible classes and live podcast recordings.
The Sodshow is an internationally renowned, award winning garden podcast that dives into the incredible world of professional and amateur horticulture. The festivities begin Wednesday, March 15th, and will continue through Monday, March 20th. With classes on air plants, apple tree grafting, super seeds, and more, this week will be an amazing opportunity to learn from the industry best in small, intimate classes.
- The Launch Night Wednesday is free. Booking recommended – do it in store or online.
- TAPFRIEND will get you discount on all other bookings online. Enjoy. 😉
- Joining in the St Paticks Day parade is also (of course it is) free.
- I should be at the apple grafting class and the gig with Paul Twigg.
Learn From The Gardening Experts: Classes & Workshops:
To celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and our special week long visit from Peter Donegan, Thyme and Place has brought in gardening experts from around the country to offer personalized, intimate workshops to help you hone and refine your gardening skills. We will also be offering free tours of a few of our favorite gardens in Salt Lake City! For a master list of all events during Sodshow Week, visit our Eventbrite. Individual workshops can be found below!
Sodshow Week Workshop Schedule:
Wednesday, March 15:
- Event Launch and Reception – Introducing Peter Donegan of The Sodshow
Thursday, March 16:
- 9 AM | Garden Tour – Green Team Farm Tour (WCG) (RSVP Below)
- 11 AM | Air Plants: The Curious World of Tillandsias with Zenaida Sengo
- 1:30 PM | Apple Tree Grafting 101, With Ann Torrence And Robert Marc, Ph.D.
- 3 PM | Super Seeds: Sourcing And Selecting The Best Varieties For Your Garden, With Marybeth Janerich
- 8-10 PM | LIVE! The Sodshow Garden Podcast With Peter Donegan. Feat. Special Guests Ann Torrence & Robert March (Stray Arrow Ranch), Zenaida Sengo (Author), Fritz Kollman (Red Butte Gardens)
Friday, March 17:
- St Patricks Day
- 9 AM | Garden Tour – Grateful Tomato (RSVP Below)
Saturday, March 18:
- 10 AM | March In The St. Patrick’s Day Parade
- 1:30 PM | Moss And Mushroom Wreaths With Jenevieve Hubbard Of Beehive Floral Co.
- 3:30 PM | Tropical Terrariums With Jodi Mardesich Smith, Terrarium Maven
- 8-10 PM | LIVE! The Sodshow Garden Podcast With Peter Donegan. Feat. Special Guests Paul Twigg, Ph.D (UNK), Marybeth Janerich (WCG), Aldine The Punk Rock Farmer (KRCL)
Sunday, March 19:
- 1:30 PM | Plants Do That? How Plants Are Constantly Surprising Us – With Paul Twigg, Ph.D Professor of Biology at University of Nebraska- Kearney
- 3:30 PM | Planning And Planting A Container Garden, With Peter Donegan
- 6-8 PM | Event Closing Party: Farewell And Thanks!
Melinda Meservy, Owner
Thyme and Place
362 East 900 South, Salt Lake City, Utah 84111