On This Weeks Show (Number 199):
Peter and Brian chat about the news in the world of Irish Gardening. They recap on Brian’s opinion of his visit to Kew, covered on The Sodshow last week. There’s a mention for National Tree Week, Seachtain Na Gaeilge (which isn’t really a week, we know!), then moving swiftly on to Clare Garden Festival who are featuring a show garden this year.
They also manage to fit in a chat about the Bloom Fringe, Peter’s half marathon for charity (all support appreciated) and the imminent 200th Sodshow. Phew! It’s a jampacked show today.
- Clare Garden Festival Website and Facebook Page.
- Details of Peter’s upcoming Half Marathon on Inis Mor in aid of Temple Street Children’s Hospital.
- The Bloom Fringe Website.
- National Tree Week Website with a “tree dating” thingy. They’re calling it 50 shades of green on Timbr.ie.
- More information on Seachtain Na Gaeilge on their website.
Featured Image: Miniature garden from Clare Garden Festival 2014, photo taken by Peter Donegan.
Song of the Week:
Poison – Every Rose Has Its Thorn.
The Sodshow was awarded Ireland’s Best Podcast in 2012 and again in 2013. It’s also Ireland’s only full time garden radio show and is brought to you with thanks to the very lovely Greensax.ie.
Listen to The SodShow:
The Sodshow airs every Friday live at 3pm on Dublin City FM and is available in iTunes and all good podcast stores around 3.30pm the same day.
- Podcast listen or subscribe: The SodShow in iTunes
- The Sodshow Podcast in Stitcher – for android users
- Subscribe to The Sodshow for news and podcast updates by email