On This Weeks Show:
Peter went on a bus-man’s holiday to an apple farm recently. Why are we not surprised? He met with Con (Cornelius Traas) who runs The Apple Farm in Co Tipperary which is a veritable Tardis of an Apple Farm. If you think it’s just a simple fruit farm; take a second look! There’s a genuine farm shop – what is grown and produced on the farm – a campsite and hundreds, nay thousands, of fruit trees.
Con juices his own apple juice and it’s pretty magical as both Caitriona and Peter will testify – Brian has yet to confirm whether he’s tried it before or not! There is a fermented version of the apple juice that we also give the Sodshow seal of approval to. If you ask us, it’s the champagne of Irish apples. His entire ethos and approach towards running The Apple Farm is one that makes us want to stand up and applaud.
- The Apple Farm Website: http://www.theapplefarm.com
- Con Traas on Twitter: @theapplefarmer
- The Apple Farm on Facebook: The Apple Farm
- Peter Donegan at Con’s Apple Farm : Peter Donegan at Con’s Apple Farm
- Song of the week: Regina Spektor: Us
The Sodshow was Ireland’s Best Podcast in 2012, then 2013. It’s Ireland’s and only garden radio show and is brought to you with thanks to the very lovely Greensax.ie
Listen to The SodShow:
- Podcast listen or subscribe: The SodShow in iTunes
- The Sodshow Podcast in Stitcher – for android users
- Subscribe to The Sodshow for news and podcast updates by email