Christian Dinger of Dingers Garden Centre which is just outside of Cologne, it’s very (very) big at 30,000 sq metres. He talks about how he eventually ended up at the helm of the biggest garden centre in Germany in 2004. Their garden centre has a great family ethos and it’s interesting to see how the Dingers have developed this culture and how it helps them to relate to their customers.
There’s a lovely point in the interview where Peter and Christian talk about how gardening and growing things makes people happy. It’s also very interesting to hear how the landscaping industry differs in Germany, partially due to a lower rate of home ownership in Germany.
Peter also spoke to Akihiro Osaki from Osaki Flower Pack, who you hear, expressing his love for The Sodshow all the way in Tokyo in Japan. Sure why wouldn’t you? Pictured from left to right here with journalist Eugene Higgins, our Peter, Masumi Miura and Akihiro Osaki himself.
The Sodshow is Ireland’s Best Podcast 2013 and only garden radio show and is very proudly sponsored by good friends at Greensax.ie
- web: www.dingers.de (note this is in German)
- Osnabruck Botanical Gardens: Osnabruck Botanical Gardens
- Sonairte Cider Making Course Details
- Details on Peter’s talk at Castlepollard Gardening Club
- A Sodshow extra audio from the Dublin Coffee & Tea Festival last weekend.
- Web – Int Garden Centre Association
- Website – International Garden Centre Congress 2014
- Irish Food and Horticulture Promotional Board – Bord Bia
Listen to The SodShow:
- Podcast listen or subscribe: The SodShow in iTunes
- The Sodshow Podcast in Stitcher – for android users
- Subscribe to The Sodshow for news and podcast updates by email