That’s not Rachel pictured above as a by the way. Just a random happy photograph 😉
Anyhow, this in from the ever fantabulous Rachel Doyle of Arboretum Garden Centre, Carlow.
Calling All ‘Mow’tivated Gardeners-
Are you the 2014 Arboretum Gardener of the Year?
Arboretum is looking for all budding gardeners to enter the 2014 Arboretum Gardener of the Year competition! Outgrow the competition and earn some instant ‘grass’ification and lots of prizes too, with Ireland’s First Five Star Garden Centre!
President of the International Garden Centre and Arboretum MD Rachel Doyle will judge the national competition. Her passion and expertise in horticulture put her at the top of her field. Speaking at the launch, Rachel comments: ‘I’m a firm believer that gardening is good for the soul and has endless psychological benefits! Getting out in the garden is not only great for fresh air but it’s a great way to get family and friends together, especially in fine weather. Gardening is about nurturing and enjoyment for all things green.’
Gardeners can enter in to six different categories:
- o Best Large Garden
- o Best Small Garden
- o Best Vegetable or Allotment Plot
- o Best Raised Bed Plot
- o Best Hanging Basket or Planted Container
- o Best Gardener U14 Years of Age
In addition to:
- o Overall winner
- o Province Winners
CLOSING DATE: SEPTEMBER 1ST 2014
A €1000 spending spree in Arboretum for the overall winner as well as their name on the perpetual trophy with prizes for winners of each category. Each winning garden will feature in The Irish Daily Mail and on the Arboretum Website.
The final will take place in Arboretum Home & Garden Heaven in Leighlinbridge, Co. Carlow where the overall winner will be announced and the prize awarded.
How to enter:
- To enter Arboretum’s Gardener of the Year 2014 competition, simply send in no more than 5 pictures of your garden, allotment or patio and a maximum of 250 words describing your space and how it came to be.
- To enter our Best Gardener Under 14 Years of Age competition, please send photos of work you have done with a description of your contribution to your garden.
- Email entries to: email@example.com or alternatively you can post your entry to: Arboretum Home & Garden Heaven, Old Kilkenny Road, Leighlinbridge, Co. Carlow.
- Closing date for all entries is September 1st 2014
- *If you are using a digital camera please insure photos are larger than 5 megapixels.
- For more details see www.arboretum.ie.
Listen to The SodShow:
- Podcast listen or subscribe: The SodShow in iTunes
- The Sodshow Podcast in Stitcher – for android users
- Subscribe to The Sodshow for news and podcast updates by email